Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly grow to be a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion. Water intrusion begin from several reasons, such as a roof leak, leaking water line, flooding, or moisture in the air. Mold can also cause health effects while causing significant damage to your property. Since mold can grow so quickly, it is something that you cannot always remediate yourself. You want to be certain that every bit is gone, so it does not come back. SERVPRO of Daviess County, KY has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (270) 683-1888
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Daviess County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Daviess County has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities: