Theme of the Month - July
Theme of the Month – July
SERVPRO of Daviess County, Kentucky is working hard to educate our contacts on all the different services we provide. This month, we are focusing on a couple of different things about us you may not have known about that can save you $$!
One of the biggest goals of our company is to abide by the 1-4-8 rule. This rule means that we are to respond to any calls that come in within 1 hour. There will be a first responder onsite to assess the damage within 4 hours. We will be able to give a verbal briefing to the agent, adjuster or homeowner within 8 hours. Sticking to this goal is helping us save our clients money down the road. The faster we are onsite and getting to work, the less damage you will experience!
On the other side of this, we also provide a FREE service for any business owners in our coverage area. After scheduling an appointment, our Service Marketing Representative for the area will come in and gather information about your business. They then turn that information into a file for you to keep on hand in case of disaster.
4th of July - Fire Safety 101!
It is finally July! We are over halfway through the year, and it is time for one of America’s favorite holidays: Independence Day. While this holiday is celebrated by all, it is also one of the most dangerous holidays for what people use to celebrate, fireworks.
Below are some ways you can ensure your party stays safe for everyone attending:
- Before starting the shooting off process, get a hose or bucket of water ready to put our sparks
- Make sure children are being supervised the entire time, even if they are just playing with sparklers
- When setting up the fireworks, do not use metal or glass containers to hold them upright
- Wait a couple of minutes after the fireworks show to ensure each firework has fully went off
- Never point or throw them at others, even if they have not been lit yet
- When purchasing fireworks, avoid any that are packaged in plain paper bags. These have likely been used as displays and could be damaged
- Stand beside the fireworks, not over when lighting them
- After lighting a firework, get as far away as you can
- Before purchasing, also make sure there is not a firework ban in your area
- When the fun is over and you are cleaning up, it is a good idea to wet the leftover pieces of fireworks to ensure they do not go off in the trashcan and start a fire
Use caution and enjoy your holiday! If there are any fire issues, SERVPRO of Daviess County, Kentucky is on call 24/7, and can respond even on holidays. Feel free to call us and have a professional come out and look at your problem!
Owensboro Open House - June 27th, 2019
Check out our Facebook Event to RSVP!
Want to know more about all of the many services that SERVPRO has to offer? Come see us at our first ever Open House on June 27th located at our Owensboro office!
We will have games, prize giveaways, drinks, appetizers, booths, and a meet and greet from several of our staff members. We will have managers from all of our departments (Office, Marketing, Rebuild, and Production) available to answer questions and explain how each process works. We will also have a booth dedicated to us traveling on Storm, and also a table of before and after photos. Stop by after work and see us!
June 27th, 2019
3290 Warehouse Road
Owensboro, KY 42301
Contact April Noland for more information:
270-670-4677 or April.Noland@SERVPRO9750.com
Theme of the Month - June
Theme of the Month - June
To begin the summer, SERVPRO of Daviess County, Kentucky is focusing on informing our clients on exactly how the claim process works in relation to technology. All of our paperwork, information, and job readings are tracked on specialty apps created for us, and are immediate uploaded to the cloud for safe storage.
While this makes it easier on our crews to get the information they need, it also helps our office staff get the information instantly, so they do not have to wait for the physical copy. This has also helped our customer service improve. As soon as documents are signed, they are sent to our office, but they are also sent to the clients emails themselves. This helps ease our customers when they are in this stressful time.
Even our Marketing Department has technology in their programs. We are able to track job status, what is going on with leads, take notes on client needs, and track referrals from our insurance agents and adjusters.
With making it “Like it never even happened” being our goal, we are doing everything we can to do this and to make the customer feel at ease at the same time.
Content Cleaning Process
Have you ever given thought to how SERVPRO transports and cleans your home’s or businesses items when they are impacted by a water or fire loss? Our employees have extensive training on how to properly pack and move your contents to prevent the least damage as possible. We make sure to bring plenty of supplies to each job, so we can wrap every item with care.
Once we get to our office, we go to our the “dirty items” Wearhouse and create a barricade with your name on each box or large item to prevent any mix ups. We then have a separate Wearhouse with all our cleaning equipment in it. We only clean one customers contents at a time, so there is no chance of mixing up any items. This also ensures that once an item is clean, that it does not get mixed back in with dirty items.
Once we are through with one customers items, we then move it to a large crate with the customer’s name on it, and move the large crate into our climate controlled Wearhouse, where only clean items are stored. Putting into this climate ensures the quality of the items cleaning while they are waiting to be returned.
With the process set up in this way, it is far easier for us to keep customers items together and find them at a moment’s notice.
Spring Time Mold Growth
It’s finally Spring Time! While most people are happy to see that the warm weather has arrived, one thing that a lot of home or business owners are also noticing is mold growth.
Most thrives in warm, moist, dark places. Some of the most common areas of the home to find growth is in the crawlspace, basement, inside cabinets, and in attics. Mold can also set up within 3 days of water being present, is important to check these places regularly.
We recently got a call about a home that had discovered mold in their crawlspace but did not realize the full extent. Once our employees got into it, the mold was unbelievable. In the photo to the right, there are four different colors of discoloration in one area. At the very back of the crawlspace, there were also areas of the sub floor gone and the homes beams that had been rotted through with mold covering them.
What can cause mold growth? WATER!
One of the worst feelings is having unwanted water come into your home. No matter situation or how dirty the water is, it causes you panic and it is not a fun process to go through. When you are trying to decide how to handle this situation, consider what can cause if the damage is taken care of property: MOLD.
There are a lot of different types of mold out there, and none of them are fun to encounter. One of our most common calls is about a business or homeowner discovering black mold in their basement or crawlspaces.
Black mold can grow in dark, warm, damp places in the home, and can begin sprouting with 72 hours of water contact. It is a good idea to regularly check all the places in the home that could be hiding mold.
While you may not have even experiences a water loss, even the moisture from the Earth can cause enough water for the spores to take hold.
Set an alarm on your phone to remind you to check problem areas each month!
Theme of the Month - May
Theme of the Month - May
During May, SERVPRO of Daviess County, Kentucky is highlighting what over 50% of our jobs involve: Water Damage.
When we receive a call about a new fire job, we know there is probably some type of water cleanup needed on top of fire and soot damage. You do not think about it, but the water used to douse the blaze is creating a different type of damage. Now there is water and fire damage in the home or business.
When these water issues are not addressed in a timely manner, mold can start sprouting also. With mold taking 72 hours to start setting up, so it is important to call the professionals quickly.
Below are 5 Ways To Avoid Water Damage:
- Looking under kitchen appliances regularly for any slow leaks
- Look for basement leaks
- Watch for water bill usage spikes
- Regularly replace washing machine, dishwasher and refrigerator hoses.
- Turn your downspouts to pour away from your home or business
9 Moving Tips for Your New Home
Springtime is one of the busiest times of the year for the realty business. Now that spring has officially sprung, here are 9 helpful tips for anyone moving!
- Change your locks: If your new home has had multiple owners, chances are there are spare keys floating around. Changing the locks ensures that no one has a copy and can get into your home without your permission.
- Before moving in, plan emergency exits: Doing this ahead of time ensures that you do not place furniture in the way of anyone’s outdoor exit.
- Find your circuit breaker box: Locating this ahead of time can save you time when you need to get to it quickly! If each breaker isn’t labeled, this is also a good time to figure out what they are and label them.
- Review home inspectors report: When purchasing a home, you typically get an inspection done before closing. Look over this report thoroughly and make sure there is not anything that needs to be taken care of before moving in. Then file it away where it won’t get lost in the shuffle!
- Deal with anything water related: While some things on the report can wait, water issues cannot. When there is water present, mold can set up within 72 hours. Taking care of these issues quickly can decrease the chances of having issues later.
- Change your alarm batteries: Changing these as soon as you move in will ensure they are all working properly, and you know when to change them again.
- Look for places to caulk: While the home is empty, look for anywhere that could use extra caulking. Doing this before you more in can be significantly easier and better in the long run.
- Clean the gutters: Making sure the gutters are cleaned out and in good condition is something else that can benefit you in the long run. While you can wait to do this until after you move in, it is still something you want to do before you forget about it.
- Get your carpets cleaned: The best time to get carpets cleaned is before you start moving in. Once you move in, there is added costs associated with moving your items around while cleaning. There is also added peace of mind when you know the environment you are moving into has been professionally cleaned.
Theme of the Month - April
Them of the Month - April
SERVPRO of Daviess County, Kentucky works hard to keep our work as smooth as possible. When a disaster impacts their home, this is a very stressful time for the families or homeowners involved. With SERVPRO being mainly known as the company with “the green trucks” or “the water cleanup company”, throughout the month of April, our representatives are working on highlighting ALL of the major services we provide.
When you have an insurance claim or a job in your home or business, there are a lot of moving parts. You may need more than one company working together to put it back “Like it never even happened.” This is where SERVPRO comes in. With us also having a rebuild/reconstruction department, mold mitigation services, regular home and post construction cleanings and more, we strive to be there for each of your needs in house.
If you see our representatives out and about this month, you might see what they are giving out: a 3-in-1 desk cleaning tool. This is to help our contacts remember that we are a one-top-shop for all their needs!