Family Heirloom Saved from Fire Damage
One of the most frequently asked questions we get is If we can clean customers contents, especially the antique items. The answer is yes, we can!
We got a call this past week about a fire destroying the inside of a family’s home. This piano was a nonworking family heirloom, and the family was devastated at the thought of having to get rid of it. It was covered in smoke and soot, but luckily still intact. We took it back to our office and started working on saving it. We were able to fully restore the outside of it and get rid of the smoke smell it had.
We love it when we can save items that mean a lot to our customers. This was one of those times where it is extremely rewarding to work in this industry.
Job Fair - April 20th
SERVPRO of Daviess County is looking for dedicated, dependable employees! We are hosting a job fair on April 20th, 2018 from 10am-3pm. Our open positions include: maintenance, production, crew chief, marketing, construction office and more! Please bring an up to date resume.
• Effective oral communication
• Basic math skills
• Experience in cleaning/restoration preferred
• High school diploma/GED
• IICRC certifications preferred
• Ability to pass a background and drug test
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds regularly, occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance
• Ability to climb ladders, work at ceiling heights, work in tight spaces (e.g., crawls spaces, attics)
• Ability to sit/stand/walk for prolonged periods of time
• Ability to repetitively push/pull/lift/carry objects
• Ability to work with/around cleaning products/chemicals
• Ability to travel locally and out of state when necessary
• Ability to successfully complete a background check subject to applicable law
Please email customerservice@SERVPRO9750.com for more information.
Top causes of Fire
Every year catastrophic fires take away our homes, our possessions, and loved ones that we can not replace. The National Fire Protection Association provides lots of education for us to arm ourselves to prevent fires. According to the NFPA the top causes of fire are in the home:
- Cooking equipment is the leading cause of home structure fires and home fire injuries.
- Smoking is the leading cause of civilian home fire deaths.
- Heating equipment is the second most common cause of home fire fatalities.
We want you to be armed with information but in the event you fall victim to a house fire don’t hesitate to call SERVPRO. Are fire specialist will be there with you every step of the way. Our specialist will strive to save precious heirlooms and restore your home back to the way it was.
Request help online:
For additional helpful information, visit NFPA-
Library Water Loss
Mary Weldon Library Water Loss
Now that winter has hit, we are seeing a lot of burst pipes in both businesses and homes throughout South Central Kentucky. One of the worst places to experience a water loss happened in Glasgow, Kentucky this week: Mary Weldon Memorial Library. The broken pipe flooded both of their floors, and created a huge mess. We were able to get to them within an hour, start extracting water and starting the drying process. The job was so large, it made front page news in the Glasgow Daily Times. We are happy to be able to assist in the time of need!
Team Elkins specializes in the restoration of water damage in commercial and residential properties. Our crew is highly trained and will do everything they can to restore your business to its original condition.
How to Protect Pipes in the Winter
Water Freezes at 32 Degrees Fahrenheit
With snow in the forecast, here are 5 tips from the Red Cross on making sure your pipes do not freeze or burst during cold weather:
1. Insulate both hot and cold water pipes.
2. Keep the garage door closed if any water supply lines are in the garage.
3. Keep a trickle of water going through the lines.
4. Leave your thermostat at the same temperature both night and day.
5. Open cabinet doors to help warmer air to circulate around the plumbing.
A burst pipe can cause thousands of dollars in damage because it has the potential to flood your home. If the five tips mentioned above do not protect your pipes, give SERVPRO of Daviess County a call at 270-683-1888!
To read more tips, visit the Red Cross website at:
Restoring Your Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Flooding and water damage events at commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Daviess County
SERVPRO of Daviess County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Prevent a Deadly Christmas tree fire!!!
Decking the Halls and getting into the Christmas Spirit? Christmas trees are at the forefront of many household annual traditions and for some who neglect a few simple tips can lead to tragic consequences. Sadly, Fire departments across the country respond to deadly Christmas tree fires during the holiday season each year. One in every 31 Christmas tree fires is deadly, according to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). The association says electrical failures and malfunctions caused 30 percent of Christmas tree fires.
The NFPA recommend the following safety tips:
• Make sure string lights have no loose connections, cracked lamps or frayed cords.
• Use only a single extension cord that can reach your home's outlet without being too long and being tangled.
• Use UL-approved lights and cords.
• Make sure lights are off when you go out and before you turn in for the night.
• Make sure all outdoor light connectors are away from metal rain gutters and off the ground.
• Never use candles to light or decorate a tree.
• To lessen the chance of a fire hazard, purchase a freshly cut tree.
• Make sure to keep your tree at least three feet away from any heat source.
• Water the tree every day, and remove it from your home after Christmas or once it becomes dry.
• Don't burn Christmas tree branches or wrapping paper in your fireplace.
• Keep candles at least 12 inches away from anything that could burn.
Undetected Mold Growth in a Families Home
microbial growth that went undetected
SERVPRO worked to remediate a home that the family had discovered extensive microbial growth that went undetected. Believe it or not, mold problems like this can be mitigated with the right expertise and equipment. SERVPRO has trained technicians that were able to test and remove the mold growth, and then restore the space to its preloss conditions. The family was very grateful that we were able to recover their home and protect them from any potential health effects.
SERVPRO of Daviess County specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.If you suspect mold growth in your home don't hesitate to call the professionals of SERVPRO!
Call us today-270-683-1888
or Request help online:
When Storms or Floods hit SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage
SERVPRO of Daviess County specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today - 270-683-1888
Water Damage Spreads Quickly!
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Daviess County provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays. Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. Team Elkins arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7- 270-683-1888
• Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
• Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
• Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
• Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
• Drywall begins to swell and break down.
• Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
• Furniture begins to swell and crack.
• Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
• A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
• Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
• Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
• Metal begins to rust and corrode.
• Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
• Paint begins to blister.
• Wood flooring swells and warps.
• Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
• Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
• Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Team Elkins specializes in the restoration of water damage in commercial and residential properties. Our crew is highly trained and will do everything they can to restore your home to its original condition.