Easy Way to Clean Windows
Before and after pet noses smudged glass!
One of the hardest chores is cleaning windows. Here is an easy way to clean them with only four things needed:
1. You take a damp microfiber cloth and wash the entire window. It will have wet streaks once finished with the cloth.
2. Then take a newspaper, crinkle it up into a ball, and rub the windows. This will soak up the leftover water and make your windows shine!
If you have a lot of windows and cannot reach them all, call the professionals at 270-659-0067 to come clean them all for you.
iPhone Safety Hack
Share with friends! #SafetyFirst
A lot of people have iPhones, but did you know about the safety feature Apple has put on them?
If you are in a unsafe situation, hit your lock button 5 times in a row. A screen will come up with four options:
-Slide to power off
-Medical ID (if you have this turned on)
When you choose the Emergency SOS option, your iPhone will send the nearest Police Department your current location and dispatch an officer to you. Share with your friends to inform this of this lifesaving feature!
Faster to Any Disaster! SERVPRO of Daviess County, Kentucky
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Daviess County provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Daviess County arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (270) 683-1888
Water Damage Timeline
• Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
• Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
• Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
• Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
• Drywall begins to swell and break down.
• Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
• Furniture begins to swell and crack.
• Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
• A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
• Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
• Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
• Metal begins to rust and corrode.
• Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
• Paint begins to blister.
• Wood flooring swells and warps.
• Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
• Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
• Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Daviess County
SERVPRO of Daviess County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Daviess County is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Daviess County
SERVPRO of Daviess County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Mold Safety Tips
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Daviess County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Daviess County specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 270-683-1888
Beware of the Water You Don't See
When home or business owners experience a disaster to their property, often the first step is to start cleaning up the water with a towel, mop or even a shop vac. Although this is very common practice, what about the water you do not see? Just because there is no visible water, doesn’t mean that the area is considered dry. It is very important at this time to call on the professionals at SERVPRO® of Allen, Barren, Hart, Green and Taylor Counties to make sure your property is properly dried to prevent secondary damage to your flooring, furniture, or even the possible threat of mold growth. Our crews are available 24/7 to help in the event that something unexpected happens. We understand the importance of response time when it comes to water damage.
Family Heirloom Saved from Fire Damage
One of the most frequently asked questions we get is If we can clean customers contents, especially the antique items. The answer is yes, we can!
We got a call this past week about a fire destroying the inside of a family’s home. This piano was a nonworking family heirloom, and the family was devastated at the thought of having to get rid of it. It was covered in smoke and soot, but luckily still intact. We took it back to our office and started working on saving it. We were able to fully restore the outside of it and get rid of the smoke smell it had.
We love it when we can save items that mean a lot to our customers. This was one of those times where it is extremely rewarding to work in this industry.
Job Fair - April 20th
SERVPRO of Daviess County is looking for dedicated, dependable employees! We are hosting a job fair on April 20th, 2018 from 10am-3pm. Our open positions include: maintenance, production, crew chief, marketing, construction office and more! Please bring an up to date resume.
• Effective oral communication
• Basic math skills
• Experience in cleaning/restoration preferred
• High school diploma/GED
• IICRC certifications preferred
• Ability to pass a background and drug test
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds regularly, occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance
• Ability to climb ladders, work at ceiling heights, work in tight spaces (e.g., crawls spaces, attics)
• Ability to sit/stand/walk for prolonged periods of time
• Ability to repetitively push/pull/lift/carry objects
• Ability to work with/around cleaning products/chemicals
• Ability to travel locally and out of state when necessary
• Ability to successfully complete a background check subject to applicable law
Please email customerservice@SERVPRO9750.com for more information.
Top causes of Fire
Every year catastrophic fires take away our homes, our possessions, and loved ones that we can not replace. The National Fire Protection Association provides lots of education for us to arm ourselves to prevent fires. According to the NFPA the top causes of fire are in the home:
- Cooking equipment is the leading cause of home structure fires and home fire injuries.
- Smoking is the leading cause of civilian home fire deaths.
- Heating equipment is the second most common cause of home fire fatalities.
We want you to be armed with information but in the event you fall victim to a house fire don’t hesitate to call SERVPRO. Are fire specialist will be there with you every step of the way. Our specialist will strive to save precious heirlooms and restore your home back to the way it was.
Request help online:
For additional helpful information, visit NFPA-
Library Water Loss
Mary Weldon Library Water Loss
Now that winter has hit, we are seeing a lot of burst pipes in both businesses and homes throughout South Central Kentucky. One of the worst places to experience a water loss happened in Glasgow, Kentucky this week: Mary Weldon Memorial Library. The broken pipe flooded both of their floors, and created a huge mess. We were able to get to them within an hour, start extracting water and starting the drying process. The job was so large, it made front page news in the Glasgow Daily Times. We are happy to be able to assist in the time of need!
Team Elkins specializes in the restoration of water damage in commercial and residential properties. Our crew is highly trained and will do everything they can to restore your business to its original condition.