10 Helpful Hints to avoid a Disaster
Here are 10 helpful hints to help avoid damage to your home or place of business…
- Do not leave electronics on the floor. This includes, IPads, computers, DVD players, etc.
- Leave a 3 to 4 inch gap between the back of the washing machine and the wall to avoid kinking the hose near the valve connection. Replace your washing machine hose every 5 years.
- Pay attention to your water bill. A significant increase could indicate a leak.
- Make sure each resident in your home or place of business knows where the main shut-off is located.
- Have a professional roof inspection annually.
- Inspect your plumbing pipes on an annual basis for condensation or obvious leaks or corrosion.
- After flushing the toilet, remain in the area until the fill valve has finished refilling.
- Make sure your downspouts are directed 5 to 10 feet away from your house. Clean all build up of debris from downspouts monthly.
- Chemical drain cleaners can eat away at your pipes. Use a drain snake first. This is suggested every 3-4 months depending on the size of your household.
- Flush your hot water heater every 6 months to remove sediment. You can call in a licensed plumber to assist.
Did you know We are Available 24/7?
When bad weather or unexpected fire hits our community our employees pull together as a team from every department to assist local and distant communities. SERVPRO of Daviess County use the collective help and knowledge from every person on our team to assist all those impacted by a disaster in their home or business.
When water or fire impact your home or place of business, call on the professionals to get the job done. You don't have to wait, you can reach a team member any time of the day or night. We are on standby for you 24/7, 365 days a year! We can guarantee that anytime you call, you will get a SERVPRO professional on the line to help.
Call us today- 270-683-1888!
Using Social Media to Stay Safe
With everyone being connected with social media profiles these days... Put it to work for you and your families safety! Follow your local weather stations and emergency personnel to get the latest updates as soon as they are available. Twitter and Facebook are both great platforms to find the most updated news in your area. Preparing your social media for disasters today, could give you a few extra minutes when disaster strikes. This could be the difference between your families safety or facing a disaster unprepared. While it is heart wrenching to lose your home and belongings, make sure that your families safety is your #1 priority. If a storm does come your way, SERVPRO of Daviess is there for you.
Call -270-659-0067 to make it "Like it never even happened."
Storm Team Elkins Activated!
Our Storm Team hard at work!
This week, Northern Illinois experienced spontaneous heavy rain that caused major flooding problems within people’s homes and basements. A basement is the easiest place for flooding to occur because it is the lowest level of the home or building. Most basements are built below the ground where a lot of rain will run into. There are several reasons why your basement could end up flooding: these include…
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more.
Our Storm Team was prepared and ready to assist in the clean up effort with specialized equipment to ensure that homes were all dry and clear of any other damage or other future problems. If water damage is not handled correctly and efficiently, it can cause severe damage to your home’s structure in addition to potentially hazardous health issues from mold. Our entire team worked together to get the trucks loaded and on the road in a moment’s notice so our Storm Team could hit the area ready because the longer you wait, the worse the damage may be.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Daviess County of Kentucky and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill the Insurance Directly – One Less Thing for You to Worry About
- Our Technicians Are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 270-683-1888
Team Elkins- Our Story
The Best of the Best- Our Team!
David Elkins, Owner of SERVPRO of Daviess County, started this journey in 2009. With the help of SERVPRO corporate headquarters and mentors across the country, the dream they envisioned became a reality. They never imagined that in 8 short years he would have three successful franchise locations covering 11 counties across the state of Kentucky and proudly be in the top 100 in the nation. Team Elkins was built on a foundation of family values, hard work, dedication and the vision to succeed. Here at SERVPRO Team Elkins, our values and work ethic have not changed over the years. We are very proud to announce that we have grown from a small office in the heart of Smiths Grove, KY to a state of the art facility on the Barren County/Warren County line. This new facility has allowed us to grow our team, better serve the needs of our clients, host meetings for the entire state and expand our services. What started with 5 employees and a box truck, has grown to 35+ employees and over 20 company vehicles making us #FasterToAnySizeDisaster #TeamElkins #SERVPRO10380
24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Daviess is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today – 270-683-1888
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Daviess County has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
· Your name and contact information
· Your insurance information (if applicable)
· The street address of the water-damaged home or business
· When did the flooding or water damage occur?
· What caused the water damage (if known)?
· Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Daviess County
SERVPRO of Daviess County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property
Faster to your SERVPRO of Daviess County
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Daviess County provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Daviess County arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (270) 683-1888
Water Damage Timeline
• Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
• Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
• Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
• Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
• Drywall begins to swell and break down.
• Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
• Furniture begins to swell and crack.
• Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
• A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
• Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
• Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
• Metal begins to rust and corrode.
• Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
• Paint begins to blister.
• Wood flooring swells and warps.
• Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
• Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
• Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Daviess County
SERVPRO of Daviess County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Daviess County is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Daviess County
SERVPRO of Daviess County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:Stay out of affected areas.Turn off the HVAC system and fans.Contact SERVPRO of Daviess County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:Don’t touch or disturb the mold.Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Daviess County specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 270-683-1888
It's The Water You Don't See
When home or business owners experience a disaster to their property, often the first step is to start cleaning up the water with a towel, mop or even a shop vac. Although this is very common practice, what about the water you do not see? Just because there is no visible water, doesn’t mean that the area is considered dry. It is very important at this time to call on the professionals at SERVPRO® of Allen, Barren, Hart, Green and Taylor Counties to make sure your property is properly dried to prevent secondary damage to your flooring, furniture, or even the possible threat of mold growth. Our crews are available 24/7 to help in the event that something unexpected happens. We understand the importance of response time when it comes to water damage.